Ann Arbor Town Hall Meetings

23. March 2006 • Juliew

Three public Town Hall meetings have been scheduled for next week. Come listen to Ann Arbor City staff and elected officials talk about the City budget, steps they have taken to create a more efficient Ann Arbor government, and possible impacts on service. They are looking for your input on these topics, so don’t miss this opportunity to participate.

• Tuesday, March 28, 7-9 p.m., Slauson Middle School, Cafeteria, 1019 W. Washington
  • Wednesday, March 29, 7-9 p.m., Clague Middle School, Multipurpose Room, 2616 Nixon Road
  • Thursday, March 30, 7-9 p.m., Tappan Middle School, Cafeteria, 2251 E. Stadium Blvd.

For more information, see the “Our Town” website.

1. This is the start of what has become an annual ritual. City Council members and staff say we are in a budget crisis, and talk about service cuts. Then, magically, the City gets bailed out, and things go on as before. The last couple of years, the DDA has been the bailer.

—David Cahill    Mar. 23 '06 - 11:32PM    #
  2. If it’s an annual ritual, is this really the start?

As I hear it – from friends in Ypsilanti and Flint – we’re not going to stop hearing this any time soon, and the sources of bail money will get harder and harder to find. Fun.

Besides, things don’t “go on as before”, do they? Every year, things seem to get a little leaner despite the bail. Leaf pickup gets less frequent, parks go longer between maintenance, and so forth. It would seem foolish to write this off as just some political ploy.

—TPM    Mar. 23 '06 - 11:49PM    #
  3. TPM- I think David meant that this was the first act in this year’s performance of an annual ritual, not that this was the first performance of the ritual. However, I do assume has a more nuanced perspective on budgeting than he lays out above. Solutions to budget short falls are much more likely to come from hard work, difficult choices, and extensive negotiation than to simply pop out of a top hat.

From the announcement, I see no indication that Fraser is using these meetings to cry wolf on budget issues. The promo material comes across quite level-headed, focusing not on the troubles, but on the proposal as a way forward, toward “sustaining our future”, as Fraser puts it. The note does not complain about short falls in state funding (in fact it notes “higher than projected state shared revenue”). Instead it lists items that account for the changes in the budget as proposed last year.

This is not to say that there is no spin here. But I think that the concerns are under- not over-stated. The tone is “we knew that some changes would have to be made. Health care costs are rising, but it’s no big deal. I’ve got a plan that will accomodate all that and lead us to [queue trumpet flourish] a Sustainable Future. The alternative being, as one of my UP profs was fond of saying, an Unsustainable Future. Now, which would you prefer?

The flyer does not point out the complexities of the financial planning process and pointing out where specific decisions will create both winners and losers. It does not say, “This is a tough one, but let’s try to work it out together.” Instead it says, “we’ve solved the problem! come and find out how.” I should give Roger a chance to actually hold the meeting before complaining too much, but this tone does not support much public participation.

If the goal of the meeting is to “help gather community input for the final budget proposal”, then I hope the presenters do more than lay out the final numbers and ask if there are any questions. Offering alternatives are an important part of engaging the public to encourage feedback.

I’ll be interested to see how the proposal has changed as a result of these meetings.

—Scott TenBrink    Mar. 24 '06 - 04:19AM    #
  4. I’ll also be interested in seeing if any of the figures change.

Plus – will Roger say anything about paying for a new City Hall? That has been one of his goals over the past few years. People with more knowledge about City funding than I say that you have to watch carefully to make sure that no monies are being squirreled away for this project, especially in a time of shrinking over-all City resources.

—David Cahill    Mar. 24 '06 - 02:33PM    #
  5. Scott TB, keep in mind that we pay Roger to ‘solve the problem’ to some extent. Promoting the sessions as primarily public input might understandably be seen as crossing over too far to the other side of that fine professional/public servant line that he must walk. I agree, though, that he and his staff should be open to public input, especially at this stage.

[Hey, the box is bigger! Thanks, Scott T./whoever.]

—Steve Bean    Mar. 24 '06 - 05:41PM    #
  6. Whether it is lip service or not, at least they are getting public input. I think they do listen to it to a certain degree. It is slightly different this year because they aren’t really talking about cutting anything, but in general, the more people who show up to protest a cut, the less likely the City will be to cut it. If nothing else, these meetings are a pretty good, low-key way to talk with city staff and Council members. Not nearly as contentions or restricted as City Council meetings.

—Juliew    Mar. 24 '06 - 06:00PM    #
  7. Did anyone see the absurd article in the Observer about parking downtown? It’s hard to believe that the city leaders are working so hard to kill downtown.

—JD    Mar. 26 '06 - 04:00AM    #
  8. Perhaps it’s worth a whole thread to itself for parking?

In the meantime, based on the Observer article JD mentions, it looks like there are city leaders on different sides of the parking question.

What caught my eye was the quote from AU’s own Juliew.

According to the Observer, Jennifer Hall would like to ‘wean’ downtown users (like Juliew, presumably) from their cars by limiting parking.

There seems to exist a profile, I’m not sure how common: walk/bike/bus to work, walk/bike/bus to shop some, still have a car for various other needs (in addition to Juliew, there was an author of an Other Voices piece in the A2 News recently, who seemed to fit this description). Question for people fitting this profile regarding car ‘sharing’ or ‘co-op’ arrangments: assuming you need access to a car on some basis, how regular on average would that need to be, and how far out would you be willing to plan to reserve a vehicle? What would be a deal killer?

Since I more or less fit that same profile, my answer is: around once a week access, and one weekend a month; around 3-days in advance to reserve would work; deal-breaker would be if other users smoked in the car.

—HD    Mar. 26 '06 - 05:08AM    #
  9. HD – I’ll just put in a quick plug for A2C3, the Ann Arbor Community Car Co-op, here. It/we’ve had a shared car on the road for about a year now (based near Miller & Cherry), though we’re kind of reorganizing now since some of the key members moved away. If you want to play around with tweaking a carsharing group, though, you’d be welcome.

info /at/ a2c3.org

—Murph    Mar. 26 '06 - 03:51PM    #
  10. Yes, I think it would be good to have a new article about parking, considering both the Observer article and the fact that the City will soon be embarking on a parking study.

Personally, I think any attempt to “wean” people from their cars is doomed to failure, and a parking policy for downtown along these lines will simply mean failed stores and projects.

“In Michigan there can be nothing wrong with the car.”

—David Cahill    Mar. 26 '06 - 06:55PM    #
  11. Except the demonstrated preference for alternative transportation and the hideous mess auto dependency has gotten us in.

Dave, how do you simultaneously promote the preservation of pre-automobile historic districts in your own neighborhood, effectively protecting them from auto-oriented development, AND promote auto-oriented development downtown?

—Dale    Mar. 26 '06 - 08:00PM    #
  12. Dale, residential neighborhoods in AA, even the oldest, were not pre – horse – and – buggy. Individual means of transportation, and accommodations for them, have always been used by AA residents.

I don’t favor a huge amount of development downtown. But any development that does happen must have parking to accommodate folks who normally use cars. People are not going to change their transportation habits just for the dubious benefits of working/living/shopping downtown.

I refer you to this past week’s issue of Business Review, which reported on a recent program about development in Detroit and environs. One speaker said people should just give up on mass transit, since it has failed everywhere.

Sorry, I haven’t got my Observer yet, so I can’t comment on what’s in that article.

—David Cahill    Mar. 26 '06 - 08:25PM    #
  13. David Cahill wrote “One speaker said people should give up on mass transit, since it has failed everywhere.”

What the online edition of Business Review reported from this panel discussion, which also included Michael Finney and David Brandon was:

(Rothwell being Doug Rothwell, president of Detroit Renaissance.) Based on this, the claim of mass transit failure was pretty specific to this region (SE Michigan) and seems to be a claim about a failure to get effective regional mass transit online as opposed to a claim about the effectiveness of some existing mass transit system.

I point this out not to be pedantic, but to hedge against the need to refute any perceived claim of mass transit’s general failure ‘everywhere’.

—HD    Mar. 26 '06 - 09:50PM    #
  14. People are not going to change their transportation habits just for the dubious benefits of working/living/shopping downtown.

WTF? The reason I live downtown is for the dubious benefit of having to use my car but once a month… That and all the dubious benefits which fall into line after that such as better health from walking, cleaner environment and saved natural resources from not driving, supporting local businesses, etc.

Calling the benefits of living and working downtown “dubious” is criminally anti-A2/anti-downtown/anti-environment, Cahill. Care to backpedal, Dave?

—FAA    Mar. 26 '06 - 10:28PM    #
  15. I know I have written this before ad nauseam, but when I lived in Detroit, the transit provided by the city was INADEQUATE for the high demand.

A general rule of thumb (which I believe is still in effect): you cannot get a seat on a main-route Detroit bus during business hours. It’s standing room only. And that demand persists despite the buses being noisy, dirty, unreliable, and poorly maintained. Imagine how many more people would show up for a transit system that was clean, quiet, and reliable.

Anyone who says that transit has “failed” in Southeast Michigan because of a “lack of demand” for it probebly never deign to ride a city bus themselves, so they have no idea about the reality on the ground.

—Larry Kestenbaum    Mar. 26 '06 - 10:35PM    #
  16. FAA wrote, “Care to backpedal, Dave?” BackPEDAL. A nice rhetorical touch.

Eliminating David Cahill’s reference to dubiousness, we’re still left with, “People aren’t going to change their transportation habits for the benefits of living/working/shopping downtown.” This strikes me as a claim at least open to debate.

Leaving that debate aside, here’s a question: if not for the real, tangible benefits enumerated by FAA, then for what reasons do AU readers think people WOULD change their transportation habits (from auto-centric solutions)? Or more specifically, what would it take to get AU readers to change their transportation habits?

I suspect that viable regional mass transit would factor into part of the answers to those questions. And, perhaps it’s an unfair paraphrase, but it’s a little surprising when a panel of prominent people like Brandon, Finney and Roth weigh in on regional mass transit by saying, Let’s not attempt anything too awfully hard, let’s just do something easy. Especially when there’s 100 million dollars in a federal transportation bill earmarked for the east-west (Ann Arbor to Detroit) corridor (which, as I understand it, would not be ‘light-rail’ technology, but just regular rail … and is not, in fact, as unrealistic as this month’s Observer’s Inside Ann Arbor piece on regional transit portrays it.)

—HD    Mar. 26 '06 - 11:27PM    #
  17. When we moved to A2 we purposely looked for a place near downtown so that we’d be able to walk to things. As it turns out, except for a brief time as a 2 car household, we don’t need 2 cars. We’ve gone back down to one car, I’m able to bike into work, and, while we use our car throughout the work week for both of us to get back and forth to work (we carpool in the winter), we almost never use it on the weekends or evenings since we can walk dowtown for entertainment, for grocery shopping at the Farmer’s Market/Kerrytown/Co-op, and for going out to dinner every once in a while.

What shocks me is how few of my neighbors do the same thing. It truly is amazing.

Not only are we supporting downtown business, but we’re also getting off our duffs—something many more Americans need to be doing these days.

Why, those benefits aren’t dubious at all!

—New OWSider    Mar. 26 '06 - 11:35PM    #
  18. Well, people are certainly free to use their own transportation experiences as guides to City policy.

I am sure some people in their twenties and thirties, plus those of all ages who are athletically inclined, have arranged their lives so as to do without daily use of cars. But these folks are a small minority of all those who live/work/shop in AA. There is no reason to be shocked by this fact, New OWSider.

I really wish my Observer had come!

Could someone please start a parking article and paste these comments into it? Thanx.

—David Cahill    Mar. 26 '06 - 11:47PM    #
  19. David Cahill wrote “I am sure some people in their twenties and thirties, plus those of all ages who are athletically inclined have arranged their lives so as to do without daily use of cars … ”

The implicit argument here, that if someone manages to lead their life without daily use of a car, then that person must either be under 40, or athletically inclined, can be refuted by any number of counter-examples, one of which is displayed on page 29 of this month’s Observer. [I think, anyway, ... one aspect is objective; the other is a little more subjective! And, yes, part of the point of this comment is just to pique David Cahill’s curiousity even more, as long as he already seems to be suffering a bit ;-)== ] Others of which, Ypsi-Dixit could likely discuss in the form of people who work in Ann Arbor but live in Ypsilanti and rely on bus service, not because they’ve ‘arranged’ their lives to do without cars, but because they just don’t have them, so they deal with it.

I would propose that for a person of any age, say up to age 80, riding a bicycle 5 miles or walking 2 miles doesn’t amount to an ‘athletic’ performance or require a person to be ‘athletically inclined’.

—HD    Mar. 27 '06 - 12:29AM    #
  20. Past history indicates that it’s impossible to stop a thread from talking about parking.

Just as background, Google shows 140 relevant past AU articles for in a search for “parking” (116 for “downtown parking”).

—Murph    Mar. 27 '06 - 03:08AM    #
  21. David,

Golly. I wasn’t meaning to be offensive, but you sure did take offense. Did I touch a nerve?

Perfectly healthy neighbors of mine who are in their 30s drive the 8 blocks into downtown. So yes, I’m surprised by that. And I think I have every right to be surprised. When I lived in DC and was unable to own a car, I walked everywhere—because I could and because I had to.

Oh, and who was talking about forming transportation policy based on personal experience? That’s a jump you made. There wasn’t anything in my post about city transportation policy.

From what I can tell, DDA’s parking structure demands are apparently based on people’s impressions of parking downtown and not any sort of study based on fact, so if I were to base policy on feelings, I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t be the first time that’s happened in this town.

But I know I’m eagerly awaiting the city’s parking survey. I sure hope they include the practically-empty-all-the-time-after-work-hours Ashley structure.

Oh, and I’m posting under Young OWSider since that’s what I’ve posted under previously. Apologies for the confusion.

—Young OWSider    Mar. 27 '06 - 03:32AM    #
  22. Whether we get a new thread or continue to derail this one with parking gossip, could someone post a brief summary of the observer article? There is no online version for those of us outside the free subscription boundary.

—Scott TenBrink    Mar. 27 '06 - 04:12AM    #
  23. “I am sure some people in their twenties and thirties, plus those of all ages who are athletically inclined, have arranged their lives so as to do without daily use of cars.”

We’ve really come to a sad state if the mere act of walking a mile or two has now become some sort of athletic feat for anyone over forty!

—Bruce Fields    Mar. 27 '06 - 04:31AM    #
  24. “Attempts at mass transportation have been tried and failed every time. Let’s focus on what we can accomplish rather than an issue that we keep failing at,” Rothwell said.

What would probably amaze people in SE Michigan is the mass transit operations across the state in communities of all sizes that operate fairly well and for which there is good community support. Ann Arbor, Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo and Lansing all have viable mass transit operations and many smaller communities also operate some level of public transportation. The GR area is trying to get legislative approval to seek a regional mass transit tax but the effort, suprise! is getting resistance from legislators in SE Michigan, who don’t want to give a SMART or some other regional authority the ability to seek a regional tax to fund mass transit. I think the mentality outside of A2 in SE Michigan is that transit is a failure when the reality is that it’s rolling in many Michigan communities.

—John Q.    Mar. 27 '06 - 05:01PM    #
  25. Today’s snail mail came, and still no Observer.

—David Cahill    Mar. 27 '06 - 05:38PM    #
  26. Did anybody go to one of these Town Hall meetings and care to report back?

—HD    Apr. 1 '06 - 02:00PM    #
  27. No, but the website above has the tv replay dates

—TPM    Apr. 1 '06 - 04:14PM    #
  28. TPM, thanks for the heads up.

Premiere of the Slauson session just concluded on CTN 19. Next opportunity is (tomorrow) Sunday 2 April at 4:00 pm.

It’s pretty watchable from the point of view of presentation, citizen participation, and production values.

Mayor Hieftje’s opening remarks included an attendance report on city council members who were present (Lowenstein, Rapundalo, Greden, Easthope, Woods, ... ?) His very brief remarks focused on energy. Fraser took over for main event. Graphics were helpful. Quality of slides as depicted on TV is fine, just not sparkling, due to the small size of some of the text.

To paraphrase (probably unfairly in some cases) some of the citizen concern and City response section: Q1: since Residential Parking Programs are costing more than projected, would the City ever consider scrapping them? A1: Umm, no. Q2: with all this future growth downtown, won’t this exacerbate the storm water problem A2: no, because new development will require onsite storm water retention, which is an improvement Q3: why was the revenue from affordable housing credits from developers [??] less than expected? A3: Because some developments didn’t happen that we expected, most notably Glen Ann. Q4: Why the heck is it costing so much to cut down Ash trees? Given x, y, z, it should be costing less. Bids were awarded in an odd fashion. A4: We don’t accept your premise of x, y, z, and our bids went through a regular process.

—HD    Apr. 1 '06 - 10:58PM    #
  29. It’s refreshing that the City is not promoting a fiscal crisis – this year, anyway. 8-)

—David Cahill    Apr. 1 '06 - 11:56PM    #
  30. The meeting was good, but uneventful. Mostly the usual suspects. There wasn’t much that was very contentious and the mayor knew most of the people in the audience by name. The council members were just putting in appearances, most left early (or in Higgins’ case, came late and left early) and did not participate in the discussion in any way. As usual, Greden spent all his time on his computer. It was awkward that they all sat on one side of the room rather than in the general audience. It definitely created an “us vs. them” mentality.

There was discussion of the time and money spent regulating the Y site, the tree replanting strategy, the new LED street lights, stormwater and sewage issues, and various budget initiatives. I liked that Fraser focused on the efforts of particular city staff (including a section devoted to Amy Pennywitt). There was also an interesting discussion of the $34 million 800 MHz emergency responder radio system millage for Washtenaw County.

One change to HD’s summary: the affordable housing credit was overestimated by the city. The lower number was a result of this overestimation, not because any particular development did not happen.

We had a chance to chat after the meeting too and everyone was very pleasant and tried to answer our questions fairly. So at least the Slauson meeting was a good one and I appreciated the effort on the part of the City to have these meetings. Too bad more people don’t show up.

—Juliew    Apr. 2 '06 - 01:39AM    #
  31. Juliew, what was the deal with the traffic light they had there? At the beginning of the meeting there was some reference made to audience members being able to hit a button and make the red part light up if someone said something that needed to be ‘stopped’ for clarification? That never seemed to actually happen. (Much to my disappointment, as dopey as it might have been.)

I might have mis-heard that in the same way I mis-heard or at least mis-interpreted the explanation for the overestimation of affordable housing credits. I thought the city staff person had tried to account for the city’s overestimation by saying some projects didn’t happen, among them Glen Ann. And I interpreted his answer as, in part, an ironic point to the questioner (Sonia Schmerl), who was, up until recently, the chair of the Historic Commission, which denied approval of the Glen Ann project after the City had approved it, right? But on reflection, I don’t think Sonia was even on the HC by the time Glen Ann came before it. And by that time in the meeting, I had abandoned an effort to take copious notes, reasoning that AU readers can really just watch it themselves if they care, so I wasn’t 100% on task by any means.

—HD    Apr. 2 '06 - 03:27AM    #
  32. HD, the traffic light was cool. It was one of the new ones made of plastic with the LED lights so it weighed hardly anything, the lights were really bright and supposedly won’t need much maintenance, and the energy savings will repay the cost in something like 2-4 years. But the audience participation part was just a joke. He did light it up later though.

You heard the Glen-Ann reference correctly, but then Fraser (or maybe the Mayor) corrected it by saying that since it was the first year of the program, they just hadn’t figured the number correctly. They had overestimated how many PUDs might go through, how much each project would pay into the fund, and then the big Ashley Terrace project wasn’t a PUD. They are just adjusting their expectations now. It wasn’t related to one project.

—Juliew    Apr. 2 '06 - 03:00AM    #
  33. As I’m outside the viewing area for replays, I’d be interested to know how the public participation aspect went. It sounds like there wasn’t much public there to participate. But I’m more interested to know if the meeting was approached as a group effort to discuss solutions or a presentation of solutions with a chance to ask questions about afterward.

Was there any indication that any numbers might change as a result of the meeting?

—Scott TenBrink    Apr. 2 '06 - 11:22AM    #
  34. This is off topic but directly relevant to the other Scott T’s comment. If anyone with cable TV and some spare time for geeking out is interested, I’m willing to work with them (from NYC) to pick up where I left off on my CTN -> Internet project. I finally got it out of my pending “to blog” queue: Getting CTN on the web

—Scott T.    Apr. 3 '06 - 03:22AM    #
  35. i think this is verry fishy. my friend and i think we know a suspect.but we have to do more reserch on it so dont look into it quite yet.i think this is vile and cruel!!!! the person doing this better come forward now or it will just get worse. punishment is on its way!!!

—Emma    Apr. 5 '06 - 01:03AM    #
  36. i think people that are doing this kind of stuff should be put in jail for life, for all the horrible things they have done. after school i went over to my friends house and showed her the artical from the newspapper. then we really got into this. then we found two teeth under some leaves and got a stick and moved the leaves. then we discovered that it was a head,of a rabbit,without the body !!!!! does that count as clues??? (we got pictures)

—Emma    Apr. 5 '06 - 01:25AM    #
  37. These comments may have been intended for the animal cruelty thread, but as written, Emma’s comments following the public input discussion and Scott’s tech talk are totally hilarious.

—Dale    Apr. 5 '06 - 01:43AM    #
  38. First, for Emma:

Humane Society of Huron Valley
    734.662.5585

Dale, oh yes.

—HD    Apr. 5 '06 - 02:02AM    #
  39. emma is channeling blue velvet?

—peter honeyman    Apr. 5 '06 - 04:30AM    #
  40. what does channeling blue velvet mean???

—Emma    Apr. 5 '06 - 08:46PM    #
  41. Emma, you are a breath of fresh air. Now tell us what you think of tall buildings.

—Parking Structure Dude!    Apr. 5 '06 - 08:50PM    #
  42. Emma,

“Blue Velvet” is a movie set in Lumberton, NC, starring Dennis Hopper and Isabella Rossilini from probably around 1987. As I recall, one of the opening scenes involves a young man’s discovery of a finger, which he turns in to local law enforcement.

—HD    Apr. 5 '06 - 08:52PM    #
  43. cool
    so do you think we have a case???

—Emma    Apr. 5 '06 - 09:10PM    #
  44. what kind of wepons do you think were used???

—Emma    Apr. 5 '06 - 09:13PM    #
  45. we got a really good picture of the head
    when did this all get started??? we really need to know because we are trying to see when all of the dogs started disipearing.

—Emma    Apr. 5 '06 - 09:20PM    #
  46. HD, I’m pretty sure it was an ear in ‘86, with apologies for keeping this thread way off base.

—FAA    Apr. 5 '06 - 09:23PM    #
  47. Not having seen the pictures, Emma, I would guess that the rabbit was probably killed by another animal. Maybe a cat or coyote depending on where you live. Could have even been an owl or a hawk. But if you really want to know, you should take HD’s advice and call the Humane Society.

Good luck finding an answer.

—Parking Structure Dude!    Apr. 5 '06 - 09:26PM    #
  48. Hi iam her friend the one with the step dad (thats who we think might be doing this) i never liked him much. well, i had two pet birds (one now)we (my mom and i ) left one day and when we came back it was dead and he (my step dad) the only one home. now the other ones gaw looks like its broken, and one of my two dogs is dieing and it very yong so what do you think of that. oh ya one of my two cats is all of a sudden scared to even look or go near him.

—Emma    Apr. 5 '06 - 09:37PM    #
  49. sorry thats jaw not gaw. write back soon!!!!!!

—Emma    Apr. 5 '06 - 10:09PM    #
  50. Best. Thread. Ever.

—Brandon    Apr. 6 '06 - 02:09AM    #
  51. Emma and her Friend,

Please, if you’re very worried, and it sounds like you are, speak with someone at the Humane Society. Also, if you can, talk to Emma’s Mom. I hope that your stepdad is just a weird guy who’s harmless, but if you’re really scared of him you need to talk to another adult who will take you seriously—maybe a teacher or a counseler, or someone else at school. If you’re afraid for your own safety, and you can’t get your Mom to help, contact Safe House at 734-995-5444. Please. This is very important—especially if your stepdad has already hurt you. And let us know what you find out.

I still suspect that the rabbit was killed by another animal, but that doesn’t mean that your other fears are unfounded. If you’re scared, call for help.

Good luck, and I very much hope that your dog gets better.

—Parking Structure Dude!    Apr. 6 '06 - 02:19AM    #
  52. FAA wrote: ” ... I’m pretty sure it was an ear in ‘86 … ”

Sorry I got that wrong. Small body parts, they’re easy to mix up. But one favor I would ask: if I was also wrong about Isabella, please don’t spoil that (possibly flawed) recollection, fair enough?

—HD    Apr. 6 '06 - 02:23AM    #
  53. Thanks for th info and i was just wondering do you really bileve in us or do you think we are wastting our time?????? ya i think hes just weird too iam so very sory if we have wasted any of your time and we will let you know if we see any thing that looks like a clue. thaks for the info again!!!!!!!!!!!!

—Emma    Apr. 6 '06 - 03:23AM    #
  54. emma, you & yr freind shuld vidotyape as much as you cann!!!!

—peter honeyman    Apr. 6 '06 - 04:50AM    #
  55. Emma, I believe in you, but I think your search for the animal killer may be a dead end. Still, I wish you luck regardless. Be careful and take care of yourselves and please seek help if you get into anything that makes you uncomfortable.

—Parking Structure Dude!    Apr. 6 '06 - 05:05AM    #
  56. Ya, ok i guess your right. See Emma lived in her old town all she wanted to do was solve a crime and its hard for her to give up. its kind of grown on me but we will try our best and maby we will get another crime we can solve. do you think that could happen????????? THANKS!!!!!!!!

—Emma    Apr. 6 '06 - 12:32PM    #
  57. hi its me and her step dad has never hurt her.so i think we should be going now. oh ya and we will get help if we ever need it we might be back on this web page if we get anymore clues or ideas. so thank you oh so verry much for all of your help. from
    the kid!!!

—Emma    Apr. 7 '06 - 02:28AM    #
  58. i know what is going on it is the devl killing because he feeds off them !

—trisha    Apr. 17 '06 - 08:56PM    #
  59. do u think im right ?

—trisha    Apr. 17 '06 - 08:58PM    #
  60. ya right why would the devl kill for food my guess is much better someone is doing this for revenge

—the kid    Apr. 17 '06 - 09:13PM    #
  61. i think trisha is just playing a trick and no she`s not right she`s just dumb!!!!!! P.S. I`M THE KID

—emma    Apr. 17 '06 - 09:38PM    #
  62. we havent found anything yet. trisha u r stupid!!!
    why would the devil eat animals all of a sudden???
    derf!!! sorry for my french but thats idiotic!!! we actually thought that we had something with the rabbit head!! and then you think that the devil is doing this!!! DUH!!!! how old are you… like …5!! sorry! but this is rediculess i mean they actually thought that we had a case for a while but you i donno. it sounds like to me that you are playing a joke with a bunch of friendds . how dumb can you be … i mean… come on… really!! from THE KID

—emma    Apr. 17 '06 - 11:11PM    #
  63. really how many brain cells do u have ?!? but we do have one suspect,u could call him a dog hater he`s allerject and he once said that if he could get rid of all the dogs in the world,he would. do u think that could be anything or not ?????

—the kid    Apr. 17 '06 - 11:31PM    #
  64. well if your not going to talk to me than fine i`ll give up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

—the kid    Apr. 18 '06 - 12:24PM    #
  65. i`m not dumb and for your info i`m 12 so leave me alone !!!!!!!!!!! i`m not playing a trik and the devl is eatting them!!!!!!!

—trisha    Apr. 18 '06 - 12:28PM    #
  66. nice way of spelling “trick” and for your info my friend and i are 11 and still smarter than you!and they thought that we actually had a case!

—the kid    Apr. 18 '06 - 08:57PM    #
  67. ya i`m stooped eye shood have nowned that the devil waznt eating them. you gies were rite.i waz wrong.DUH!!i am such a moron. wo is me and my stupid little brain.i am 7ed years old!! otherwize i am 6th years old
    ha ha !!!! got ya!!!!!!