Last, but not least.
A LEGISLATIVE INITIATIVE TO ESTABLISH MANDATORY SCHOOL FUNDING LEVELS
The proposed law would:
« Previous Article Election 2006: Proposal 4
Next Article Election 2006: State Supreme Court »
- Increase current funding by approximately $565 million and require State to provide annual funding increases equal to the rate of inflation for public schools, intermediate school districts, community colleges, and higher education (includes state universities and financial aid/grant programs).
- Require State to fund any deficiencies from General Fund.
- Base funding for school districts with a declining enrollment on three-year student enrollment average.
- Reduce and cap retirement fund contribution paid by public schools, community colleges and state universities; shift remaining portion to state.
- Reduce funding gap between school districts receiving basic per-pupil foundation allowance and those receiving maximum foundation allowance.