The Community Foundation of Southeast Michigan is providing up to $1 million of general operating support to match gifts to support participating arts and cultural organizations made online at www.cfsem.org. A match of $1 will be provided for every $2 contributed. There are more than 70 organizations competing for these funds and only seven organizations are eligible to participate in Washtenaw County. We’d like to see a good portion of this money come here! (Organizations include: The Arts Alliance; Leslie Science and Nature Center; Performance Network Theatre; Purple Rose Theatre Company; University Musical Society; University of Michigan – Museum of Art and Exhibit Museum of Natural History.)
The challenge program starts at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, August 18, and will end as soon as the $1 million dollars of match is exhausted. Rumor has it that matching funds will be exhausted within an hour – so timing is everything!
Here’s how the community can help support arts and culture here in Washtenaw County:
(1) Save the Date & Donate. Tues., August 18 – 10a.m. Connect to www.cfsem.org to donate $25-$10,000 to participating arts and culture organizations in Washtenaw County. This is a race – once the $1 million matching funds are exhausted, the challenge will be over.
(2) Spread the word. This is a grassroots effort – If we all give a little, we can achieve a lot! Be sure to share this unique giving opportunity with your family, friends, and co-workers.
(3) Attend a Challenge Party. Plan to attend the morning and evening parties on the 18th to give, mingle, & have fun.
• Ann Arbor Challenge Party/TweetUp — The Arts Alliance will be partnering with NEW and the other participating Washtenaw County organizations to host a “Challenge Party” on the 18th from 9a.m.-1p.m. at Sweetwaters on Washington St. Come support good causes, enjoy good coffee, and have a good time. We’ll have an hourly raffle of great prizes! (If possible, please bring your own laptop)
• Challenge Party in Saline — Stop in to support arts and culture and mingle with peers at My Favorite Café (101 S. Ann Arbor St., Saline) from 9:30-11a.m.
• Challenge AfterGlow — Join the Arts Alliance and the other participating Washtenaw County organizations for an evening celebration of arts and culture! We’ll be at the Aut Bar from 5-7p.m. (Even if matching funds are exhausted, there will still be an opportunity to donate to participating organizations online at www.cfsem.org).
For more information, visit the Community Foundation website or follow the event on Twitter at #artsculturemich
« Previous Article City Council: Near North, R4C and R2A Moratorium, and Gredening
Next Article Lawsuit Filed Over E-Mails and Parking Structure »